Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Delia's Frugal Pot Roast

This is a recipe from Delia's Frugal Food cookbook but I did make a few changes! You can find the original recipe here.

 I start by giving the chicken a good wash and then rub it with a load of butter, salt and pepper. I stuff it with 2 big quarters of onion, a couple of cloves stuck in each  one. This gets roasted at 220c for about half an hour.


 Meanwhile, I prepare the veg - a few carrotts, some leeks, the rest of the onion, a sprig of parsley, a bay leaf and  crushed clove of garlic. I'm going to be serving this with roast potatoes too so I chopped and washed a few of those.
 When the chicken is golden and gorgeous...
 ...chuck it in a big stockpot with all the veg (except the taytoes of course) and pour in enough water to not quite cover. Bring to the boil and simmer for about an hour. Use this time to wash up, roast the potatoes, make yorkshire puddings... or even pudding!
Chuck (or neatly place) everything into a large serving dish, reserving the liquid to make some gravy. Delia says to reduce it but that takes too long so I suggest using good ol' Bisto.
As ever I was far too hungry to take a picture before eating, so this is the best I can do of the finished masterpiece! I have made it again since this time too, using the amazing Emile Henry tagine bought as a wedding present from my fabulous sister. It was so much better this second time.

I hope you give it a go, a seriously easy roast dinner with hardly any washing up and very little input.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.