Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday 28 February 2011

Lola Silver-Ridge

That's my Burlesque name according to one name generator I found. I am also:
Dandelion St. Andre
Caresse A La Mode
Brittanee Richee

You may be wondering what relevance this has to anything. Well, on Friday I went to the Hot Boppin' Girls Burlesque taster session. It was great fun and I have of course signed up to the 5 week course starting tomorrow at The Garage in Norwich.

The Fab Hot Boppin' Girls
First let me tell you a bit about modern Burlesque. The husband was very confused as to why I wanted to go. As far as he understood it's just a nicer way of saying stripper. It is true that it does contain elements of striptease, but it's more about the tease than the strip. Anyway, I'm not planning on getting up on stage and doing a show, I'm just going for fun!


Now I have the problem of creating my Burlesque character. I get a week's grace having been instructed to dress in comfortable clothes this week, but as from week two it's stockings all the way. I've been doing a bit of internet research on different types of Burlesque, styles, stars and outfits. I feel a bit lost and swamped by it all now, so any ideas and input would be welcome!

So I think I'll just relax and forget about it for now, try to enjoy tomorrow's lesson, and maybe book in for a haircut.

1 comment:

  1. Allo - I just wanted to pop over and say thanks for following my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.