Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Tee-Total Time

Image Credit

I used to be quite a heavy drinker, I guess a lot of students are though. It always seemed perfectly acceptable to have a bottle of vodka before going out, shots and 99p bottles of fizzy e-numbers before somehow managing to make it home in one piece. I've had some close calls, I was beaten up by a rapist whilst drunkenly stumbling home in 2002, luckily a passer by saved me from what could have happened.

A few years ago I decided to really cut down on my consumption. Several nights where I could literally only remember the first two drinks then all's a blank until I woke up in bed, fully clothed, feeling like I was dying of death.

Since then I've still been drinking alcohol, and I've certainly had a few crazy nights and bleary memories. Recently I've started to notice just how bad my body feels even after just a few drinks. I get lethargic for days, headaches, dehydrated, tummy aches and really really grouchy.

So when @millwall_embo decided to quit drinking for the rest of the year I thought perhaps I'd join her for a while. For the next month (at least) I'm going to be a tee-totaler. I'm going to join some of the greats like Muhammad Ali, Brian Blessed and Catherine Tate. I'm not saying it's going to be forever, just for now.

1 comment:

  1. Dying of death.

    I've seriously cut down on my drinking. Better for my weight and my health. I now only drink to enjoy a drink rather than to get drunk.

    If I'm presented with good whiskey, I'll drink it. Or nice wine with a meal. And occasionally I'll have an nice ale.

    But no more evening drinking and I'm trying my hardest not have bingey nights out. Consider me in on never dying of death again.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.