Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday 10 September 2012

Vegan Breakfast Smoothie

I'm not a big fan of eating in the mornings so a smoothie is the perfect option. This is my current favourite...


Ingredients
1 banana
handful frozen berries
a few leaves of chard (or spinach)
Soya/Rice/Coconut milk
Protein powder & instant oats (optional)

Method
Put all the ingredients in a blender and whizz. Keep adding soya milk until you get to the consistency you want - I like mine quite thick. Pour into a glass and enjoy!

What's so good?
Bananas - full of slow releasing carbohydrates for energy, potassium to keep your blood pressure down and loads of vitamin B6 to help boost the immune system.
Berries - packed with anti-oxidants for clear skin and vitamin c to boost your immune system even more.
Chard - loads and loads of vitamins!

2 comments:

  1. I love smoothies for breakfast. Often go with this but minus the chard. I'll add some in next time. Thanks for the recipe.

    I also tend to steer clear of bananas because of all the sugar but I love freezing a banana and then using half in a smoothie like this because it gives it the consistency of a proper milkshake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the frozen banana idea I'll have to try it! If you do add some chard just use a tiny amount at first to get used to the flavour. x

      Delete

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.