Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Friday 26 October 2012

Tuna & Vegetable Couscous

Sandwiches can be so dull. This week I decided to make a Mediterranean inspired tuna couscous for me, the Mr and the kid to enjoy for lunch (even though we'll all be eating it in different places!) Sorry I can't give amounts, I always guesstimate.

Ingredients
Couscous
Vegetable boullion (I use Marigold, but Knorr or Oxo might do)
Aubergine
Courgette
Yellow Pepper
Mushrooms
Cherry tomatoes
Olives
Feta
Tinned tuna (I use Reel Fish because it's responsibly sourced and tastier than most other brands)
Olive oil
Sesame oil
Fresh mint
Lemon juice

Method

  1. Pour as much couscous as you need into a big bowl with a teaspoon of boullion/stock powder and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak in for 5 minutes before fluffing up with a fork.
  2. Cut the feta into chunks and add to the couscous along with the olives, fresh mint, a squeeze of lemon juice and the tuna.
  3. Slice all your vegetables, brush with a mixture of olive and sesame oils and char on the griddle until tender. You'll need to do this in batches, and you'll need to open a window too as it can get quite smoky!
  4. When the vegetables are cooked and cooled, slice them a bit smaller if you like before adding to the cous-cous.
  5. Mix it all up, add a load of black pepper, salt if needed and perhaps a squeeze more lemon juice.
  6. Delicious for lunch with a cup of peppermint tea.


1 comment:

  1. Wоω, this аrticle iѕ gooԁ, my yоungеr ѕister iѕ
    analyzing these kinds of things, thегefore І аm going
    to іnform heг.

    My web ѕite; spiritual-public-foundation.org

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.